Steak... not just steak, but filet mignon. Filet mignon cooked medium rare. Yes, this would be my drug of choice. It wouldn't hurt if there was a lobster tail on the side with some heavenly melted butter.
I was never one to question peoples' beliefs, but if you were a vegetarian or a vegan I would have definitely grilled you as to why. How could you not like meat?!
I am an animal lover, but I always just assumed humans need to eat meat. I was brought up eating meat...
my mom eats meat...
my mom's mom eats meat...
and her mom before that... you get where I'm going with this?
Up until yesterday, the thought never even crossed my mind that I would live without meat or dairy in my diet... That was until I watched this eye-opening, life changing video...
I've been enlightened. Not only have I been enlightened, I have seen something that makes me want to change. Change who I am as a human being and my way of life.
I'm not going to go on about how you should live your life, etc because I am not a preacher. I am, however, a compassionate person that feels no animal should have to suffer and that every animal should be shown as much compassion as you would your own dog or cat.
"Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things,
man will not himself find peace."
-Albert Schweitzer

No comments:
Post a Comment